Wed, 24 October 2007
Post-GenCon Grab Bag
- 0:33 - This episode is much later than I'd like, but I'm finally back from my post-GenCon hiatus.
- 1:14 - This show is part of the Gaming Broadcast Network.
- 1:21 - First up on my review pile is 40 Years of GenCon, an oral history of North America's biggest gaming convention.
- 4:12 - I was bowled over by Hobby Games: The 100 Best, a collection of essays by one hundred game designers about their favorite games.
- 8:48 - Have Games, Will Travel is supported by RPGNow.com
- 9:06 - I finally got a chance to read two books I contributed to, Finis: A Book of Endings to Give People New Beginnings and the Story Games Names Project.
- 10:59 - My favorite game from GenCon so far is Grey Ranks, a roleplaying game about child soldiers during the 1944 Warsaw Uprising.
- 12:02 - I haven't been playing much recently, but my group is getting ready to play Burning Empires (PDF). I've also managed to fit in some Play-by-Email games of Hammer of the Scots and Sword of Rome.
- 13:27 - Don't forget about my other gaming podcast, The Voice of the Revolution, and my Actual Play weblog, A Fistful of Games.
--PaulDiscuss this episode in the HG,WT forum
Direct download: hgwt103.mp3
-- posted at: 9:29am PST